Meet Randi and Nathaniel, your intrepid co-hosts/co-adventurers. In this episode, they introduce themselves, their occasionally appearing characters, and the intentions of the podcast. If you like reading dull character backgrounds, this is the episode for you!
In this episode, we learn the following:
- This podcast will focus on monsters (odd numbered episodes) and media (even numbered episodes
- Randi and Nathaniel are not allowed to sit next to each other during role-playing games
- Nathaniel played Rifts, Streetfighter, Shadowrun and some World of Darkness in the past
- Randi has primarily played World of Darkness games and Dungeons & Dragons
- Both Randi and Nathaniel developed interest in D&D because older family members had copies of monster manuals.
Special thanks to a few people: Anna Steinbauer (@depingo on twitter) painted our cover. Irene Chan (@borlorjee on twitter) composed our music. Burke Long (@whoaskedburke on instagram) didn’t kill Nathaniel during their childhood. Randy Robles, husband of the show, puts up with a lot of stuff from Randi and deserves infinite thanks for his infinite patience. Cliff, Randi’s dad, shared his books with the show.